Our Practice Nurse/s are Rachael Marum & Jenny Kilmartin
Please make an appointment with reception, if you require any of the following.
- Blood test – Diabetes screening, Cholesterol Screening, Routine tests for Anaemia, Thyroid, Fertility etc (Must be ordered by Doctor, please let reception know if it is fasting to accomodate an early appointment)
Antenatal and Post Natal Care with our midwife Rachael
- Ear Syringe – Please use Cerumol ear drops or Olive oil for 3 days prior to Ear Syringe
- Cervical Smear Test – This is provided free of charge to all women aged 25-60, please see this link www.cervicalcheck.ie for more information. If you are not eligible for a smear test under this scheme we can perform a private smear test, the fee is €100, turnaround time 5 days.
- STI Screen – We check bloods for HIV, HEP B and C, Syphilis, urine for Chlamydia and Gonnorrhoea and swabs for Bacterial Vaginosis, Candida and Herpes Simplex Virus, also check for Genital warts, please inform reception that it is an STI check when booking your appointment as it will take 30 minutes. If you are due a smear test it can be done at the same time.
- Blood Pressure Check
- Childhood Vacinations – (Children must be at least calender age indicated below before attending for vaccination) 2 months* 6in1; Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (whooping cough) Haemophilus Influenza type b and Hepatitis B – one injection*PCV; pneumococcal conjugate vaccine – one injection. 4 months* 6in1; Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (whooping cough) Haemophilus Influenza type b and Hepatitis B – one injection*Men C : Meningitis C- one injection. 6 months *6in; Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (whooping cough) Haemophilus Influenza type b and Hepatitis B – one injection*Men c*PCV pneumococcal conjugate vaccine – one injection. 12 months* MMR measles , mumps and rubella ( german measles) one injection*PCV. 13 months* Men C* Hib : haemophilus influenza type B – one injection
- Seasonal Flu Vacination, Pneummonia Vaccine, Cervical Cancer Vaccine (Gardisal)
- Urine Checks – If you think you may have a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) please make an appointment with our nurse and bring a urine sample for her to check.
- ECG – If you have a history of Heart disease or hypertension you may book and ECG with our nurse
- Pill Checks – If you need your pill prescription renewed and do not need to see the Doctor please make an appointment with our nurse and she will check your blood pressure, weight and breasts.
- 24 Hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor – Must be ordered by the Doctor. You will need 2 appointments on consectutive days and an appointment with the Doctor to go through the results.
- Pregnancy Testing
- Lifestyle Advice – Weight management, Dietary advice and Smoking Cessation.
- Long Term Injections – Vitamin B12, Depoprovera, Depixol, Prostate cancer injections.
- Nebuliser Treatment
- Cryotherapy – Treatment of Warts, Verucae and Minor skin lesions